In this post, We will provide Practice Test of Previous year English Questions came in various Vyapam Exams.
1). Fill in the blank with the correct set of prepositions.
They were divided ____two groups, with no girls ____one group and no boys ____the other.
- in, of, of
- into, in, in
- for, in, in
- by, in, in
into, in, in .
2). DIRECTIONS: Two sentences are given below with a blank in each. Fill in the blanks with a pair of suitable words from the four options for each blank respectively:A car collided with a ______vehicle.
A car collided with a ______vehicle.
He bought pen, paper and erasers from the ______.
- stationary, stationery
- stationery, stationary
- stationary, stationary
- stationery, stationery
stationary, stationery .
3). Choose a word that can be replaced for the given sentence :-A number of people listening to a lecture
–> A number of people listening to a lecture.
4). Out of the given options, choose the one which is the correct passive voice of the sentence given below.
Who gave you these orders?
- By whom were you given these orders?
- These orders were given by whom?
- Who has given you these orders?
- By whom has these orders been given to you?
By whom were you given these orders?
5). DIRECTIONS: A sentence with an underlined word is given below. Find the word which is opposite to the highlighted word from the given options.
He was a feeble, helpless old man.
6). Out of the four sentences given below, choose the one which is grammatically incorrect.
- This question is too difficult to solve.
- She is so fat that she cannot run.
- Ben knows much more about movies than I do.
- The apple pie was as good like the one my grandmother used to make.
The apple pie was as good like the one my grandmother used to make.
7). Fill in the blank with the correct word from the options given below.
The chief guest gave us his valuable ______.
8). Out of the given options which best expresses the meaning of the given proverb?
“Birds of a feather flock together .”
- Some people like to collect birds with colourful feathers
- Birds that have colourful feathers are the most beautiful ones
- Beautiful birds are found in groups
- People like to spend time with others who are similar to them.
People like to spend time with others who are similar to them.
9). Out of the four options given below, choose the one with the correct meaning of the idiom.
“You can’t judge a book by its cover”
- You cannot judge something primarily on the basis of outward appearance.
- You cannot make all the covers of the books extremely attractive
- You should judge everything on the basis of outward appearance
- You should buy books with unattractive or simple covers.
You cannot judge something primarily on the basis of outward appearance.
10). DIRECTIONS: A sentence with an underlined word is given below. Find the Word which is most similar in meaning to the underlined word.
Modern computers can hold huge amounts of information.